OK, so I am about a billion years late with this but there’s a new Black Breath album teaser floating about called Mother Abyss.
Press play and you can hear for yourself but if you can’t be arsed, here is an approximation of the decimation in puny verbiage.
- Revving motorbike engine thrash riffs.
- More pounding and dense than before.
- Less crust, more thrash
- Their trademark groove is less obvious
- The infectious flourishes haven’t been entirely sheared off though
- A particularly impressive sustained screams brings the song to a climax.
- It’s definitely decent but doesn’t hold a candle to anything off Razor to Oblivion or Heavy Breathing.
Enough with the bullet points already.
The new Black Breath album Sentenced to Life drops on Southern Lord on March 27 and is engineered by King Midas of guitar tone himself Kurt Ballou.
They best not let me down or I might give them a bit of a dirty look at their April 2 gig. Yeah, that’ll show ’em.